Tuesday 9 July 2013

"http://www.flickr.com/photos/97604934@N05/9214145183/" By looking at my first image, I believe that my photograph could have multiple meanings. One of the most obvious definitions that the placement of the two contrasting objects (the flowers and the cigarettes) give is the theme of life and death. I think that the reason this picture is effective is because even though the cigarettes give the feeling of and cause death, it shows the flower in the centre of the picture surviving and growing where as the other flowers in the background have been killed and have withered away. It gives the feeling of escape. Although I think that this image is good at giving across its point, I feel that the positioning of certain elements could be improved; for example I think that the layout of the cigarettes and flowers is perfect but I think that I should've attempted to take the shot in a different angle to get the cigarette closer to the centre. In the background I also like how the brown leaves from the trees has softly blended into the green leaves and grass, in a way it gives the image a warm feeling.

"http://www.flickr.com/photos/97604934@N05/9214178529/in/photostream/" I like how everything is arranged in this photograph, it is cluttered with many different plants and flowers which brings the picture to life, it also gives the idea that it is a summer photograph because of the fact that all the flowers have grown. I really like the colours in this image as there is a range of different colours that are contrasting with one another, I think that the red flowers are the ones that stick out from the rest the most as they stand out from the green surrounding. I think that with this image I should've waited for the sun to come out more as it would have brought out the colours more in this image and give it a more warmer feeling to it, as at the moment it lets of a cold feeling. Another thing that sticks out in this image is the pathway that is almost centred in the image, the reason this sticks out to me is because both end of the pathway are hidden behind the bushes which makes it seem mysterious as it could lead to anywhere. It kind of also puts a barrier in to the picture meaning that without it the image would be full of complete nature, but with the man-made path it gives a less lonely feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment